Join our Team!!!
We are looking for:
A part-time Kitesurfing instructor. The days of work will be a mix of weekdays and weekends so flexibility is key.
We are looking for a outgoing instructor that is confident and can get along well with students of all ages and abilities. Patience is another important aspect in teaching kiting. You will be teaching in two locations, either Point Chevalier or Te Atatu and meeting with the student or students at either location. You will teach students that have none or little experience to be able to go out safely and enjoy this awesome sport confidently by themselves.
The successful applicant will have:
- At least 2 years of kitesurfing experience
- A current first aid certificate or be able to sit this prior to commencing work
- A good understanding of kite aerodynamics, wind range depending on peoples weights
- Safety systems, different types of kites (Bow, hybrid, C-kite)
- Wind knowledge (wind strengths, direction, reading forecast pages)
- Good understanding of tide movements and good knowledge about the areas where we teach
- Be able to ride upwind
- Do turns
- Toe side riding
- Able to kite in wind speeds of 10-30knots
- Have their own car or reliable transport
- Be punctual and be on time for lessons
***Previous kitesurfing instructing experience is preferred***
Please apply in writing with your C.V and cover letter to: